Sunday, February 28, 2010

Update on log Home progress Log staircase

The home owners Steve and Addy Miller in their Log Home by Hochstetler





These are the home owners Steve and Addie Miller on top of their second floor. I certainly have enjoyed working for this couple who have been gracious and appreciative. I recently completed the spindles and hand rails of the interior of the staircase. These are white cedar, which come pre drilled, to install them I had to drill threw the post to hold the top and bottom railings. The treads and stringers are 3 1/2 x 12 Doug fir beams. All the angle pieces on the stairs are not pre drilled which involved much more calculating on my part to keep the spindles plum and spaced evenly. Remember you can not go over 4 inches on the spacing or it will not pass code.


When it was finished, it was very rewarding for me and I can say that I am proud of this work, looks like the homeowners like it too!




ShareThis

1 comment:

  1. They need a good team in place. They should be able to call upon their modular factory’s management, their spouse, business partners (if they have one), the bank, a lawyer and an accountant to help with advice and guidance.

    Wisconsin Home Builders

    ReplyDelete